Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine heart initial shirt

I've been seeing shirts like this all over the blog world so I thought I would try to make some for the two little ones. I think the oldest would freak out at the thought of me making one for her. I started with a long sleeve shirt I found at Walmart.


I then cut out a heart using cotton fabric.













I also cut out an e with a plain red fabric. With both I applied a fusible interface to the fabric and then traced the pattern on and cut it out. With the heart I did not reverse it when I traced but I did reverse the letter.













After fusing the heart to the shirt and the e to the heart, I added a stabilizer to the back of the applique. I then started sewing my applique to the shirt.













Finished product!!


No comments: